Pair panoramic views of the city with innovative New American cooking for a reception or sit-down dinner for a gathering of colleagues during a city-wide conference.
R2L, classic and creative, is the best restaurant in Philadelphia for locals and visitors alike. Elevated comfort room in a timeless setting meets an experience made complete by the service team and panoramic views. Representatives or event planners looking for where is the best restaurant for private dinners in Center City are encouraged to speak with one of our event coordinators to plan a private dinner that will serve as the focal point of a week spent with colleagues.
Visitors from out of town attending the UPenn Poxvirus Conference can reserve for a party of anywhere from 30-300 colleagues. Event coordinators will be with you every step of the way to ensure an evening of socializing, networking, and flawless execution.
Where is the Best Restaurant for Private Dinners for Events at UPenn?
The following are some seasonal hors d’oeuvres and seated dinner offerings for a hybrid reception/seated dinner event at R2L’s location for where is the best restaurant for private dinners.
Enhance each course with different wine or cocktail pairings from our sommelier-selected inventory, endorsed by Wine Spectator as among the most excellent wine programs in the country. Locally-sourced and made with only the finest ingredients, the upscale offerings at R2L can be customized into a special menu just for your get together:
Seasonal Passed Hors D’Oeuvres:
- Braised Short Rib Sliders w/ red wine reduction + mustard
- Seasonal Harvest Vegetable + Taleggio Puff Pastry Tarts
- Old-Bay Scented Shrimp Cocktail Skewers w/ horseradish cocktail preserves
- Philly Smoked Salmon w/ soft pretzel + mustard cream cheese
- Vegan “Meatballs” w/ tomato +basil
The Dinner Table Main Courses:
- Filet Mignon w/ red wine jus + horseradish crème fraîche
- Roasted Organic Chicken Breast w/ fricassée of chicken leg
- Seared Scottish Salmon w/ dill + caper cream
- Slow-Cooked Halibut or Turbot (based on availability) w/ white white, lemon, cauliflower + capers
- Potato Pancake + Braised Greens
- Broccolini, Garlic, Hot Pepper, + Quinoa
- Cheddar Grits + Glazed Pearl Onions
- Brussels Sprouts, Wild Rice + Chestnut Granola
View some sample restaurant floorplans here at this stunning, central location for where is the best restaurant for private dinners in Philadelphia.
We also offer the following amenities for event planners:
- On-site parking
- Wi-Fi access
- A/V capabilities
- Plasma screens for presentations
- Access to microphones
- Preferred vendors for photography, videography, floral arrangements, and more
R2L’s space for where is the best restaurant for private dinners is only a few blocks from the Convention Center and near all major transportation hubs, which makes getting to R2L convenient.
Nearest Modes Of Public Transit
- Suburban Station: Located at 16th and JFK, this metro station is less than a five-minute walk away.
- 30th Street Station: This metro station, which connects to Amtrak and other transit lines, is a short five-minute cab ride to the west side of the city.
Learn more about planning a larger, private event at the city’s preferred choice for where is the best restaurant for private dinners for the Marathon by calling 215.564.3585. We look forward to speaking with you and making your private dinner unforgettable.