Pair panoramic views of the city with chef-driven New American cooking for an unforgettable dinner before or after the Philadelphia Marathon.
The Philadelphia Marathon has been hosted by the city on the third Sunday of November each year since 1954 and ranks among the top ten in the nation’s largest marathons with over 30,000 runners, 60,000 spectators and 3,000 volunteers.
During this city-wide event––which this year will take place on November 24th––visiting groups or organizations seeking where is the best event room in Philadelphia for the Marathon weekend should consider reserving a private event space at R2L, a panoramic city view restaurant & lounge.
“Where does one begin with wonderful things to say about R2L! We recently hosted several events and dinners at the restaurant. The view, the food, the creativity, and service and professionalism was absolutely amazing.”
– Eve O’Toole, Senior Policy Advisor, Holland & Knight
Where is the Best Event Room in Philadelphia for the 2019 Philadelphia Marathon?
The following are some seasonal hors d’oeuvres and seated dinner offerings for a hybrid reception/seated dinner event at R2L’s location for where is best event room in Philadelphia.
Enhance each course with different wine or cocktail pairings from our sommelier-selected inventory. Locally-sourced and made with only the finest ingredients, the upscale offerings at R2L can be customized into a special menu just for your get together:
Seasonal Passed Hors D’Oeuvres:
- Braised Short Rib Sliders w/ red wine reduction + mustard
- Seasonal Harvest Vegetable + Taleggio Puff Pastry Tarts
- Old-Bay Scented Shrimp Cocktail Skewers w/ horseradish cocktail preserves
- Philly Smoked Salmon w/ soft pretzel + mustard cream cheese
- Vegan “Meatballs” w/ tomato +basil
The Dinner Table Main Courses:
- Filet Mignon w/ red wine jus + horseradish crème fraîche
- Roasted Organic Chicken Breast w/ fricassée of chicken leg
- Seared Scottish Salmon w/ dill + caper cream
- Slow-Cooked Halibut or Turbot (based on availability) w/ white white, lemon, cauliflower + capers
- Potato Pancake + Braised Greens
- Broccolini, Garlic, Hot Pepper, + Quinoa
- Cheddar Grits + Glazed Pearl Onions
- Brussels Sprouts, Wild Rice + Chestnut Granola
View some sample restaurant floorplans here.
We also offer the following amenities for event planners:
- On-site parking
- Wi-Fi access
- A/V capabilities
- Plasma screens for presentations
- Access to microphones
- Preferred vendors for photography, videography, floral arrangements, and more
R2L is only a few blocks from the Convention Center and near all major transportation hubs, which makes getting to R2L convenient.
Nearest Modes Of Public Transit
- Suburban Station: Located at 16th and JFK, this metro station is less than a five-minute walk away.
- 30th Street Station: This metro station, which connects to Amtrak and other transit lines, is a short five-minute cab ride to the west side of the city.
Learn more about planning a larger, private event at the city’s preferred choice for where is the best event room in Philadelphia for the Marathon by calling 215.564.3585. We look forward to speaking with you and making your private dinner unforgettable.