Pair panoramic views of the city with innovative New American cooking for a memorable date night in the city.
Date night is best experienced with great company, a bottle of wine, and an unforgettable view. R2L, a creative New American restaurant in Center City, is Philadelphia’s most romantic spot for classic cooking and a superb view of downtown at night or during the sunset. R2L is where the locals go when looking for what’s a romantic restaurant in Philadelphia for a night out with that special someone.
What’s a Romantic Restaurant in Philadelphia With a Romantic Atmosphere?
Hospitality is our mission, along with the classic cooking methods and traditions that elevate New American cuisine to create something that pushes ordinary boundaries. Panoramic views from the landmark Two Liberty Place building contribute to the dining experience in a unique and unforgettable way. Spend time with your significant other in an atmosphere that captivates the senses and makes anyone feel like a celebrity.
Diners asking for what’s a romantic restaurant in Philadelphia will find plenty of locally-sourced options, including vegan and vegetarian ones, on our seasonal menu. Our service staff will be happy to assist you in choosing wine or cocktail pairings throughout your meal.
- Chowder New England style w/ potatoes, bacon + littlenecks
- Autumn Salad w/ artichoke, leek + mushroom confit, miso red wine dressing
- Lobster “Roll” w/ avocado, carrot+pepper sauce, toasted martin’s potato bun
- Chopped Salad romaine, kale, harvest vegetables, bacon + bleu boursin
- Roasted Tuna Loin w/ brussels sprouts, sweetbreads + harissa
- Sliced Duck Breast w/ cassoulet of duck leg confit, navy beans + root vegetables
- Vegan Roasted Maitake + King Oyster Mushrooms w/ bean + mushroom tortellini, garlic broth
Main Courses (Large Cuts + Chops):
- Roasted Chicken Breast w/ spice-glazed leg, butternut squash + ranch cream
- Scottish Salmon [8 oz.]; ceviche, pretzel sauce + dill
- Roast Breakaway Farms Pork Chop [18 oz.] w/ South Philly romesco, broccoli rabe, long hot + aged provolone
R2L was recently listed as a top Philadelphia restaurant for having a “spectacular” wine program according to Wine Spectator. Ask our wine director or service staff for recommendations throughout your meal featuring these highlighted wines by the glass:
- sauvignon blanc, domaine de bel air “pouilly fumé,” loire valley, france, 2014
- riesling kabinett, fritz zimmer, mosel, germany, 2013
- chardonnay/viognier, louis latour “duet,” rhone, france, 2013
- montepulciano d’abruzzo, poggio anima “samael,” abruzzo, italy, 2014
- shiraz, small gully “mr. black’s little book,” barossa valley, australia, 2013
- malbec, doña paula, “los cardos,” mendoza, argentina, 2014
- bordeaux, chateau font-merlet, bordeaux, france, 2010
Dining is a dance of multiple, small components between food, service, and beverage. When seeking what’s a romantic restaurant in Philadelphia, it is the small details that matter for you and your loved one.
Call us at 215.564.5337 to reserve a window seat with the best views of the city at night or visit Open Table to make a dinner reservation at R2L’s space for a romantic dinner in Philadelphia. For private event inquiries call 215.564.3585. We look forward to speaking with you and making your next celebration exciting and memorable.