R2L is the premier choice for those looking for what are the best center city restaurants while in town this summer.
R2L’s timeless setting and excellent views of Philadelphia from the 37th floor of the landmark Two Liberty building captivate the senses. Throughout the summer, tourists from abroad can experience the hospitality and high-caliber professionalism of New American dining in a relaxed, adult atmosphere that pays homage to a bygone era.
When looking for what are the best Center City restaurants during your stay in Philadelphia, R2L’s traditional approach to modern cuisine elevates the dining experience for celebrities and celebrants, known or unknown. The mission is simple: to offer creative New American cuisine in a dining destination that encourages socializing, celebrating, mingling, and friendship.
“What a memorable night. Your staff was superb – down to the final moments of assisting me and my friends, to the car with the birthday gifts and flower centerpiece – accommodating, cheerful and professional from start to finish. And the food? Words fail, but let me simply say “Thank you” for my most memorable birthday celebration ever!”
– Donyale Reavis
We were recently featured in the blog: “11 Best Bars in Philadelphia You Need to Visit” Check it out here. And take a look at this superb 360º virtual tour of the space here. R2L is the foremost destination when searching for where are the best Center City restaurants to make memories.
What Are the Best Center City Restaurants For an Authentic Philly Experience?
Chef Daniel Stern’s cuisine features local purveyors and options for vegan or vegetarian diners, delightfully updating classic dishes with the hallmarks of American cooking. Influenced by the regional cuisine, R2L offers travelers an authentic taste of the city. Chef Stern was recently mentioned in a Forbes Magazine article, available here.
These summer offerings showcase the talent and passion of one of Philadelphia’s most award-winning kitchens:
- Chowder New England style w/ potatoes, bacon + littlenecks
- Autumn Salad w/ artichoke, leek + mushroom confit, miso red wine dressing
- Lobster “Roll” w/ avocado, carrot+pepper sauce, toasted martin’s potato bun
- Chopped Salad romaine, kale, harvest vegetables, bacon + bleu boursin
- Roasted Tuna Loin w/ brussels sprouts, sweetbreads + harissa
- Sliced Duck Breast w/ cassoulet of duck leg confit, navy beans + root vegetables
- Vegan Roasted Maitake + King Oyster Mushrooms w/ bean + mushroom tortellini, garlic broth
Main Courses (Large Cuts + Chops):
- Roasted Chicken Breast w/ spice-glazed leg, butternut squash + ranch cream
- Scottish Salmon [8 oz.]; ceviche, pretzel sauce + dill
- Roast Breakaway Farms Pork Chop [18 oz.] w/ South Philly romesco, broccoli rabe, long hot + aged provolone
Join Us For Dinner
If you are in town for the ISM Summer Institute, July 7th–July 12th, join us for happy hour or dinner before or after your workshops.
Call us at 215.564.5337 or visit Open Table to make a dinner reservation at R2L for where are the best Center City restaurants in Philadelphia. We are centrally located with on-site parking and in the vicinity of 12 of Philadelphia’s highest-rated hotels. We are happy to suggest accommodations during your visit with us.