Gazing out R2L’s expansive 37th floor windows, 500 feet above the buzzing Philadelphia streets, you find yourself practically face to face with the iconic William Penn statue atop City Hall. If you’ve been touring the city and discovering the rich history of Philadelphia and the nation it helped to build, you probably already know that City Hall was the tallest structure in the city when it was built. But in 1987, Willard G. Rouse III broke records by building Liberty Place. Now, R2L is breaking its own records with the best views of any restaurant Philadelphia.
When One Liberty Place was completed in 1987, the New York Times’ esteemed architecture critic, Paul Golberger, regarded it as “the best attempt to echo in glass the architectural rhythms that the 1920’s had rendered in stone, and also a tower that is convincing enough as pure form to transcend the triteness of historical association.” A few years later, this iconic piece of Philadelphia’s skyline was joined by a sister skyscraper, Two Liberty Place.
Perched high up in this once controversial skyscraper is R2L, a reminder of a bygone era and a glimpse into the future of Philadelphia.
Peruse the Menus of the Most Luxurious Restaurant Philadelphia Has to Offer
Inspired by New York City’s Chrysler Building, Two Liberty Place is the height of elegance and luxury, but your aesthetic experience doesn’t end with the blue glass and sleek steel. Award-winning Chef Daniel Stern and his esteemed colleagues have created a menu that reflects its luxe surroundings. Experience modern American cuisine through Chef Stern’s eyes:
- Not wanting to wait for restaurant week, Philadelphia professionals brush off the stresses of the workday Monday-Friday 4:30-6:30 at our Happy Hour with truffle flatbread and signature cocktails
- The classic R2L Dinner Menu features Stern’s legendary lobster bisque, complete with vegetarian scrapple and louis cream
- Keep it casual with samplings of snacks and seafood boils from the Bar Menu
- Our carefully curated Wine by the Glass list takes you from the fog banks of the appellations in Sonoma County, California to the infamously steep vineyards of Mosel, Germany
- Give your taste buds the gift of a perfect ending with one of Pastry Chef Peter Scarola’s delicate Valrhona Chocolate Soufflé or Maple French Toast Brulee from the Dessert Menu
To come experience modern American cuisine in one of the great American skyscrapers, make a reservation at 215.564.5337 or learn more about planning an event at R2L. We are available to speak with you at any time about creating a memorable dining experience.
Related Tags: Restaurant in Philadelphia | R2L Restaurant Philadelphia