For any restaurant, the recognition and praise that goes into high-end event planning and private dining often goes largely unnoticed. Yet during the Democratic National Convention, viewers of Showtime’s “The Circus” were given a rare opportunity to witness the elegance and striking views from R2L with a few high-profile guests.
In episode 17 of the new Showtime series about the inner workings of the current political climate, conventions, and elections, Mark Halperin and Mark McKinnon dine with former Clinton advisor James Carville and former Press Secretary Dee Dee Myers in the William Penn room.
You can watch the clip filmed at R2L here.
After all the politically-charged activities of the week, guests were anticipating a chance to relax, imbibe, and create unforgettable memories at R2L and our fully booked week of private events exceeded their expectations. R2L was where the high-profile attendees of the DNC came to dine. You’ll want to be where the excitement is for the next citywide event and so will your guests.
About the Room
The William Penn Room is a visitor’s treat with an awe-inspiring southeastern view of the Benjamin Franklin Bridge, Delaware River, and William Penn statue atop City Hall. The room can accommodate up to 22 guests and offers an unrivaled beauty at sunset.
- 52″ plasma screen included (with access to cable television, or can be used for presentations)
- Credenza included (can be used for presentation materials, gift table, or wine tasting station)
- Perfect for corporate and social gatherings
- NOTE – when combined with Board Room 2, this room can accommodate up to 36 guests at an “L” shaped table. If you need all guests to see the video screen, then 24 guests would be the maximum.
- You may also reserve the entire restaurant for a large, 400+ person private event. Utilize the Club Room, Salon and Bar/Lounge in addition to the private event space.
Join us for your next memorable event. Reach out to us at 215.564.3585, make a reservation, or learn more about planning an event at R2L’s cosmopolitan venue and be sure to catch up on Showtime’s “The Circus”. New episodes are coming soon.