Pair panoramic views of the city with innovative New American cooking for a reception or sit-down dinner during the 2019 Army Navy Convention.
The Army Navy football game and related events are among the most popular city-wide attractions to Philly every year. This year, the Army-Navy Pep Rally takes place just around the corner from R2L at the Shops at Liberty Place on December 13th. A day before the big game, the Academy Pep bands, cheerleaders, and fans get fired up at the official Pep Rally with Army-Navy Game merchandise sold throughout the event.
After the pep rally, take the elevator up to R2L on the 37th floor of Two Liberty for happy hour or dinner with superb views of the city and region.
R2L was featured on Visit Philly’s “Top Five Sky-High Vantage Points in Philadelphia” You can read the article here. The panoramic view of Philadelphia from Two Liberty Place gives you a central, cosmopolitan environment in which to socialize, connect, and savor the moment during happy hour or for planning a private party reception.
Planning a Private Party Reception for the Army/Navy Game
For nearly ten years Chef Daniel Stern and his team have been cooking regionally inspired, modern dishes that are rooted in the techniques and traditions of the great culinary past. Below are some seasonal hors d’oeuvres and seated dinner offerings for a hybrid reception/seated dinner event when planning a private party reception.
Enhance each course with different wine or cocktail pairings from our sommelier-selected inventory, praised by Wine Spectator as a “spectacular” wine program.
Locally-sourced and created using classic cooking methods with only the finest ingredients, the upscale offerings at R2L can be customized into a special menu just for your Army/Navy get together:
Seasonal Passed Hors D’Oeuvres:
- Braised Short Rib Sliders w/ red wine reduction + mustard
- Seasonal Harvest Vegetable + Taleggio Puff Pastry Tarts
- Old-Bay Scented Shrimp Cocktail Skewers w/ horseradish cocktail preserves
- Philly Smoked Salmon w/ soft pretzel + mustard cream cheese
- Vegan “Meatballs” w/ tomato +basil
The Dinner Table Main Courses:
- Filet Mignon w/ red wine jus + horseradish crème fraîche
- Roasted Organic Chicken Breast w/ fricassée of chicken leg
- Seared Scottish Salmon w/ dill + caper cream
- Slow-Cooked Halibut or Turbot (based on availability) w/ white white, lemon, cauliflower + capers
- Potato Pancake + Braised Greens
- Broccolini, Garlic, Hot Pepper, + Quinoa
- Cheddar Grits + Glazed Pearl Onions
- Brussels Sprouts, Wild Rice + Chestnut Granola
For those planning a private party reception with needed amenities for a successful private event, R2L provides the following and more to make your event unforgettable and personal:
- On-site parking
- Wi-Fi access
- A/V capabilities
- Plasma screens for presentations
- Access to microphones
- Preferred vendors
Call our event specialists today at 215.564.3585 to begin planning a private party reception during Army/Navy weekend at R2L’s Art-Deco venue. We look forward to speaking with you and seeing you in Philadelphia this December.