R2L has been the destination for romantic evenings since opening its doors in 2010. A superb and romantic Valentine’s Day dining experience awaits couples seeking the best Philly restaurant for this yearly event.
Take a look at this spectacular 360º virtual tour of the space here.
Local flavors and precise techniques dominate the New American menu from Chef Daniel Stern’s kitchen. The following are some favorites from the current seasonal dinner menu at this Philly restaurant:
Salads, Snacks, Etc.
- Thick Cut Bacon w/ sourdough + horseradish cheddar
- Poached Shrimp w/ marinated radishes, whipped butter + seasoned salt
- French Onion Risotto w/ gruyere crisp
- New England Clam Chowder w/ casino dumplings
- Lobster Roll w/ avocado, pickles, chips
- Half Shell half-dozen east coast oysters, choice of: traditional | truffle + jalapeño | crème fraîche, chive + caviar
Main Courses: Chef’s Recs
- Vegan Stuffed Bell Pepper w/ lentils, basmati, escarole + walnuts
- Beef Duo w/ filet mignon, red wine braised short rib, stuffed skins, red wine + horseradish
- Smore’s Chocolate Tart w/ marshmallow meringue, graham cracker ice cream + fudge sauce
Pair these with one of our specialty cocktails, a craft beer selection, or a wine by the glass/bottle. Our service staff will be happy to assist you with masterful course pairings and new, exciting wines. Explore the vintage champagne list to heighten the special evening:
Veuve Clicquot, Brut, Reims, France, 2008
Möet & Chandon, Grand Vintage Blanc, Épernay, Champagne, France, 2008
Veuve Clicquot, Vintage Rosé, Reims, France, 2008
Pierre Gimonnet & Fils, “Cuvée Gastronome 1er Cru, Blanc de Blancs,” Brut, Vertus, Champagne, France, 2008
Hubert Soreau, “Le Clos L’abbé” Brut 1er Cru, Épernay, France, 2007
R. Pouillon, Rosé de Saignee Brut 1er Cru, Mareuil-sur-Ay, Champagne, France, 2007
Saint-Chamant, “Millésime Brut,” Épernay, Champagne, France, 2002
Krug, Clos du Mesnil, Reims, Champagne, France, 1998
Call us at 215.564.5337 or visit Open Table to make a dinner reservation at R2L’s Philly restaurant for Valentine’s Day. Inquire about reserving a window seat with stunning views. We look forward to speaking with you.