R2L’s celebrated venue and award-winning cuisine for a New York style reception make it the premier dining destination for private events of all varieties.
When you think of New York City, glamour, excitement, and elegance come to mind. Similarly, distinguished guests who have come to R2L for a private reception or as part of their stay in Philadelphia during a city-wide event say the same things and return for special occasions.
With quality, location, and an impressive culinary experience, R2L’s unique restaurant and venue incorporates all the finest elements of a New York style reception in a central, elegant, downtown Philadelphia location. R2L delivers on the essence of refinement and a personalized approach.
Immeasurable Appeal, Central Location: A New York Style Reception Awaits
Whether planning a sit down dinner for an intimate gathering or an open floor plan for a fundraising event or corporate function, you are in good hands with our dedicated event planners that will partner with you to impress your distinguished guests. The Art-deco style is a nod to the extravagance of NYC event venues, with a personality reflective of the chef and his roots in the Philadelphia area.
Our private New York style reception rooms blend the panoramic city views, the sensual ambiance, the art-deco elegance, and–most importantly–the desired culinary offerings for your private party. These adjustable rooms can be combined and customized for celebrations of 300+ guests:
- The Pinnacle Room is arranged with circular tables for 64 guests with amazing views of South Philadelphia all nestled within a relaxed, fine-dining atmosphere.
- The William Penn Room is a visitor’s treat with an awe-inspiring southeastern view of the Benjamin Franklin Bridge, Delaware River, and William Penn statue atop City Hall. The room can accommodate up to 22 guests and offers an unrivaled beauty at sunset.
- For those who have a corporate or business need, both Board Rooms 1 & 2 are ideal for a small power-meeting with a plasma television and room for the elite 10-16 guests in your inner circle.
- Use the entire New York style reception venue for a large, 300-400+ person private event. Utilize the Club Room, Salon and Bar/Lounge in addition to the private event space.
Chef-Driven Menus For the Evening
Begin the evening by treating guests to a world-class reception menu. Reception menus with hors d’oeuvres, grazing stations, and raw bar set-ups are also available featuring these highlights and more:
- Crisp Smoked Ham & Mushroom Risotto (Hors D’Oeuvre) w/ roasted garlic aioli
- Short Rib Pastrami (Hors D’Oeuvre) w/ rye, mustard & sauerkraut
- Chilled, Sliced Pepper-Crusted Filet Mignon (Grazing Station) w/ charred onion relish & horseradish creme fraîche
- Selection of Local Artisanal Cheeses (Grazing Station) w/ house-made cured meats, charcuterie, terrines & seasonal accompaniments
For a sit-down dinner after an initial reception hour, our private event seated dinner menu provides flexibility to customize the chef-driven offerings available to your guests in multiple tiered packages and family-style enhancements. Here are some highlights from the private menu:
- English Pea Soup w/ yellow split pea, smoked tofu & fluke ceviche
- White & Green Asparagus Salad w/ white asparagus aioli, seasoned bread crumbs & watercress
- Lobster Bisque w/ vegetarian scrapple, pepper jelly & louis mousse
- 5 oz. Filet Mignon & Braised Short Rib w/ potato gratin, crisp maitake & bérnaise
- Grilled Green Circle Amish Chicken Breast w/ fried leg, potato croquettes & natural jus
- Roasted Salmon w/ roasted asparagus, spring onions, potato pancake & red wine reduction
With endless dramatic views that put you face-to-face with the history of Philadelphia, R2L is the place to impress your guests.. It’s not simply reminiscent of corporate event venues NYC has to offer, but a culinary destination all its own. With an emphasis on elegant service, delightfully unanticipated interpretations of American cuisine, and a stunning view of Center City, R2L is a consistent favorite for event planners. We look forward to seeing you here for your next personalized and private event.
See what the Chef has been up in the kitchen over this past Memorial Day weekend. The chef-driven offerings never abate at R2L for holidays and special occasions.
Choose R2L For Your Next Event
Reach out to us at 215.564.3585 to speak with our event specialist, Vera Masi or learn more about planning an event at R2L’s . We look forward to speaking with you.
Related Tags: New York Style Reception | R2L Center City