From its delicious dishes to its modern decor, R2L’s restaurant in Philadelphia Center City is a fusion of the finest of yesterday with the best of today.
That unique character is central to R2L’s reputation as the best Philly restaurant for a refined dining experience. During the spring graduation season, R2L is a culinary destination for families and loved ones from out of town looking to celebrate the success of graduates from UPenn, Drexel, Temple, and many more.
Culinary Excellence at This Best Philly Restaurant
Celebrated Chef Daniel Stern creates dishes inspired by classic American cuisine and infused with unexpected modern touches. Like the atmosphere of R2L, each dish incorporates the best traditions of the past with the most exciting flavors of today.
Our new dinner menu features crafted culinary delights such as:
- Raw––tuna sashimi, curry, lime, soy & sesame
- Half Shell––half-dozen east coast oysters, creme fraiche, champagne, chive & caviar
- Seared Steak Tataki w/ baby kale, parmesan, roasted shallot & garlic
For One or More:
- Toasted Guinea Hen Nachos w/ jalapeno & grilled scallion salsa
- Crisp Arancini w/ smoked ham, wild mushroom, gruyere & caramelized onion emulsion
- Chilled Seafood w/ 4 oysters [plain or our preparation], 4 spiced shrimp, 4 crab claws & tuna sashimi
Composed Winter Dishes:
- Old Country Braised Pork w/ sausage, cabbage & alsatian pasta
- Crisp Braised Veal Shank w/ Castle Valley Mill grits, pearl onions & veal tenderloin
- Vegan Cauliflower w/ black truffle, lentils & caramelized onion
Large Cuts & Chops:
- Roast Breakaway Farms Pork Chop [18 ounces] w/ homemade mustard & bacon dressing
- 28-Day Dry-Aged, Bone-In Ribeye [22 ounces] w/ truffle & soy sabayon
- Roasted Half Chicken w/ herb-scented broth
Sides to Share:
- Lobster Mac & Cheese
- Alsatian Pasta w/ cabbage, broccoli & black truffle
- Cheddar Grits w/ glazed pearl onions & collard greens
- Spinach, wild mushrooms, fried red onion & mousseline
R2L’s timeless quality marks its identity as the best Philly restaurant for a dining experience deserving of the accomplishment of finishing undergraduate or graduate work.
Call us at (215) 564-5337 or make a reservation on Open Table. We also welcome any questions or inquiries you may have about private dining or events for a larger group during the graduation season by contacting our event coordinator, Vera Masi at (215) 564-3585. We hope to see you soon at R2L’s best Philly restaurant.